Welcome to my attempt at sharing the regular mistakes I make in the kitchen. I'm constantly telling friends that I am a disaster in the kitchen, but they rarely believe me, so here is my proof. Step-by-step examples of how I ruin a perfectly good dish. Even though I ruin meals on a regular basis I still love to cook. And I am DETERMINED to become a good cook, or you know, at least make food that is edible on a regular basis.

***All stories are true and not exaggerated.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Kitchen Disaster in Action: Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

So I posted not long ago my love of a new recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins.  I seriously love these.  I make them regularly (you know, by regularly I mean since I found the recipe 2 months ago), and the last time I made them they did not turn out.  See, no one believes that I am the disaster I claim I am.  Here is proof:  I've made these muffins at least 5 or 6 times and they turn out great every time.  They turn out exactly the same as the previous time I made them.

Until this week.

They burned while cooking.

They don't taste the same.

I've had them for 3 days and the one pan that turned out isn't gone.  They are just sitting on my counter. 

I'm so pissed and sad.  I was so upset I threw them away without taking a picture.  Then I kicked my self for doing so because now I have no proof.  It's great that I can occasionally make something that tastes yummy, but it would be so nice if I could make it taste the yummy EVERY time.

Seriously, I'm *soooo* glad I dirtied all my muffin pans, made a mess of my kitchen, and wasted all my ripe bananas.

So, take a page from my book and do NOT double the recipe.  I'm blaming that instead of the chef.

I'm a woman, it's my prerogative.

No comments: